Saturday, November 4, 2017

Wurm Unlimited

Epic:      As my eyes blurred red with blood, I boarded my trusty rowboat Civvie, in an attempt to seek aid from those across the mass of water to my east.  The town of Safehaven, by definition, is known for being a safe place for travelers and newcomers.  I was elated to find out that two of the citizens were able and willing to help me with my "predicament".  Not two days prior I was attacked by a hound of hell near my tree farm just south of Logikal Overlook.  The hound seemed to come from nowhere and attacked with the ferocity that one would expect from a denizen of the underworld.  I clutched my left shoulder as its fiery claws tore away flesh and dug into muscle.  I thought for sure that this was the end of me.  I turned toward Logikal Overlook and ran as fast as I could on such a steep grade.  My stamina was leaving me and the hound was closing in to finish what it had started when I heard a shout come from near my villa.  It was one of the Spirit Guards of Logikal Overlook coming to my rescue.  The hound had trailed too closely to the border in its lust for blood and triggered the alarm of the settlement. I was saved, or so I thought.  Here I am in the aftermath of the attack, wearily floating across this giant body of water I once swam.  My stamina drained as the massive wound to my shoulder trickles away my life force into the salty water below.  An aged shark now circles below me waiting for the main course to fall over the side of the small row boat.  Alas, aged shark, you shall not eat well this day!  Through blurry eyes, my friends Firestorm and Vogue appear in the distance awaiting my arrival with healing covers and cotton bandages.  Firestorm, being the scholar that he is, researched a way to treat this hellish wound with a bear's tooth and green mushrooms;  mixed with a bit of grass, leaves, and moss to bring the cover to it's full healing potential. As Vogue prepared the cover, I stood there with tears in my eyes hoping and praying that the cover would enable me to continue my epic quest of saving those that cannot save themselves.  As I write this down, alive, I must acknowledge that I owe Firestorm and Vogue a debt of gratitude I may never be able to repay.

No comments:

Post a Comment